For friends and family
- This brochure from SANDS is designed to help family and friends of bereaved parents understand what the grieving mother and father are going through, and how best to understand them. It offers many helpful “Do’s and Don’ts” to help people provide the best support to bereaved parents.
- Information for friends and family on how to help and support bereaved parents, and understand what they are going through from Bears of Hope
For bereaved parents
- Lots of information separated into topics (funeral arrangements, grieving, relationships, other children) for parents from Bears of Hope
- SANDS- miscarriage, stillbirth and newborn death support- resources
- Red nose Greif and Loss (from conception to 18)- this website has been developed to connect individuals and families to a range of support options, useful resources and information.
Websites that share stories
- Unspoken Grief-“their mission is to build and support a community of individuals and families who have been touched directly or indirectly by miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss. Working together to remove the stigma of perinatal grief by sharing our stories and increasing awareness of the lasting effects of perinatal loss”
- Still Standing- “In the face of loss and infertility, our mission is to show the world that we are still standing. Holding fast to resilience and hope. Our mission is to help you embrace life for everything that it is after experiencing the loss of a child or infertility.”
Support phone numbers
- Sids and Kids NT- free support for NT bereaved parents of children from conception to 18 years of age. office- 89485311 | 24 Hour- 0448849234
- Red Nose grief and loss -1300 308 307 (24 hours)
- SANDS national support line -1300 0 72637 (24 hours)
- SANDS Men’s support line- Sands offers phone support from specially trained male volunteer parent supporters recognising that at times men and women cope with grief in different ways. please click THIS LINK for details
- SANDS email and online support-It’s sometimes hard to talk, but there are other support options including email and online chat. Please click this link for details
If you have a helpful link you believe should be added to these lists, please contact us.